Tourism Tweetup the Podcast
Chatting with Dave Serino from TwoSix Digital about Facebook ad targeting and audience segmentation.
Episode #7 of Tourism Tweetup the Podcast we talk to tourism digital marketer and Facebook ad specialist Dave Serino from Michigan, USA about why tourism businesses may consider using Facebook adverts. We chat about the different types of ads and targeting that you can work with if going down the Facebook advertising path to ensure your ads are effective.
Again this episode is FULL of great tips and information. You may need to listen to it a couple of times however I have tried to summarise the key points here.
Why tourism businesses may want to use Facebook ads;
- Build audience i.e audience growth or audience reach
- For audience to take a specific action
- To support promotion or sweepstakes (competition)
“Facebook ads bring people into the eco-system – when we acquire a like we can feed specific content that suits their interests” – Dave Serino.
Facebook features in ad-manager that help better target adverts
- Custom audiences (targeting via email address or phone number or Facebook i.d)
- Look-a-like audiences (targeting via audience similar to your custom audiences or similar to your existing page likes)
- Audience insights
Tips on running Facebook ads with a sweepstake or competition
- Tie the prize to your product/destination as it attracts the right core audience
- Make it a money can’t buy experience or luxury/bonus experience
- Use ads and promotion to leverage future interaction and build a sustainable audience
Tips on setting up ‘good’ ads
- Add a call to action button (feature now available in Facebook ads manager)
- Mobile news feed ads work well
- Test different visuals and different text
- Tweak the images and the text throughout the campaign to get a higher return on investment
Links we mention in this podcast
Acxiom insights (don’t think this is available in Australia at this time)